Zambian Forest Honey Organic
£3.99 – £6.99
Our ever-popular Wainwright’s forest honey always flies off our shelves, and for good reason, too. This organic honey from wild bees in the Zambian forest is buzzing with reasons why you should choose this over other brands:
- It is cold pressed, which means the honey retains a higher pollen content.
- The forest it’s harvested from contains no GMOs for hundreds of miles.
- No antibiotics or sugar feeding are used when keeping the bees.
- It’s Fair Trade and organic certified, kept by village beekeepers.
Owner David Wainwright has been working with these Zambian beekeepers since 1983, and reports that beekeeping practices are still largely the same as they were back then. One notable difference of there being more hives which means there are more bees to pollinate the trees, thus which ensures the continued vitality of the forest.
Please note: Depending on the time of year, the consistency of the honey may vary. For example the set honey may become clear (runny) because of warm weather. The clear honey will also start to set when temperatures start to fall.
Country of origin: Zambia
Ingredients: Organic Zambian honey 100%.
Nutrition Typical Values per 100g:
- Energy (kJ): 1362
- Energy (kcal): 320
- Fat: Trace
- Of which saturates: Trace
- Carbohydrates: 79g
- Of which sugars: 79g
- Fibre: Trace
- Protein: Trace
- Salt: Trace